Sleep

What is the last thing you do before you go bed?

Scientists believe that the artificial light from electronics is disturbing our sleep.There is a chemical in our brain called Melatonin that is released when it’s dark and that makes us sleepy but when we are on our electronics it is still light because it senses through our eyes and it doesn’t release so we could stay on our electronics all night if we wanted to with out getting so sleepy that you would fall asleep and it can break our sleep too. If we have a broken sleep for to long it can make us sick.

So how long do stay on electronics?

3 thoughts on “Sleep

1. Hi Lauren!
    I am amazed of what sleep actually does to you!
    I really enjoyed reading the post and it is also fascinating!
    I have a question for you. Do you ever go on your Phone before or whilst in bed?

2. Hi Lauren,
    I really enjoyed reading your post on sleep! It will really help me because my genius hour project s on sleep. I really liked it how you added a few questions in your post. I think I am on electronics for about 2 hours including TV! Keep up the great posts.
    Elisa 🙂

3. Hello Lauren
    How are you? Great post. I really liked it. I do go on electronics before I go to sleep but now I will stop that, now that I know the damage it can do to us.
    Keep up the great work.
    What do you do before you go asleep?
    I can’t wait until you do more posts.
    From Ashling